The Job Description includes:
- Contract duration and hours
- Duties and responsibilities
- Essential and desirable criteria for the post
- Rates of pay will be discussed at interview
The job advertisement will include:
- Job Description
- How to apply
- Closing date and time
- Shortlisting of applications is by Centre Manager and or a panel including the Trustee/s.
- The scoring criteria based on ‘Essential’ and ‘Desirable’ factors.
- Scores are totaled, the highest selected for interview.
- Applicants are invited for interview by telephone.
- The Panel meet to develop a number of questions for the applicants. The same questions is asked of each candidate.
- Scoring is based on the essential and desirable criteria. If the interview involves a presentation this will be scored separately.
- The Panel is supplied with all questions for each candidate and prior to interviews the Panel decide on which person is to ask which question.
- Panel members agree the structure of the interview.
- Scores are then totaled at the end of the interview.
- The interviewee is informed of the structure of the interview.
- Candidates may ask questions at the end of the interview.
- At the end of interviews scores are shared for discussion.
- The best score will be the selected unless there is significant justification for this not to be the case.
- A second interview may be called at the discretion of the Panel.
- The successful candidate is telephoned and offered the position subject to satisfactory references and a DBS check.
- References are taken up relating to the position.
- Unsuccessful candidates are informed by letter / email.
- The successful candidate is confirmed by letter / email.
- Hard copy documents are kept in the recruitment files.
- E-correspondence is kept in relevant computer files.
Reviewed April 2023