Saturday windsurfing is a session for those with some experience – not complete beginners (try a Taster instead).
We take a max of six students per instructor, and often have our keen instructors and staff all helping out anyway!
You’ll get plenty of tips, advice and fun out of your two hours on the water. What you’ll do depends on the experience of the group, the conditions on the day and what devious challenges the lads can dream up for you! You might be racing, practicing water starts, learning how to rescue each other, rigging and de-rigging and more.
Many people come every Saturday, but you can come for as many or as few as you want. It’s a friendly, fun atmosphere in which to improve. We can also get you working towards your RYA Level 1.
- Wetsuits (£5 hire)
- Buoyancy aid
- Spraytop (cagoule)
- Wetsuit boots
- Small free lockers
- Male and female changing rooms
- Hot showers
- Coffee/hot chocolate machine (small charge)
- Waterproof phone pouches/glasses cords to buy
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the minimum age for this activity?
The minimum age is 8 years old.
- Do I need to be a good swimmer?
You need a basic level of water confidence.
- Do I need past experience?
You must already have some experience (at least a Taster session or similar).
- Will I get a certification at the end of the activity?
This session does not carry certification.
- Can I bring my own kit?
If you want to use your own kit, we will check it for you and that should be fine.
- What happens if there are no suitable dates for me?
If you can’t make it on Saturday afternoons we might be able to set up other sessions. Get in touch.
- How large is the group in each session?
We can take a maximum of six students to one instructor.
- Are activities at a set time every Saturday?
Saturday afternoons 2-4pm.
- What else is there to do in New Quay?
Please see our main FAQs page for information on Where to stay, park, eat etc.