A two-hour taster session is the perfect way to get the basics under your belt and see if you like it. We reckon you will!
All windsurfing sessions start with some on-land theory about parts of the boards and sails.
You will then take a turn on the ‘spinny sim’ simulator to get you used to how to get the sail up and what to do to turn.
Then we take you out on the water – sometimes with a line attached, sometimes further out with a safety boat for the instructor. Most students can sail across the wind and turn by the end of the lesson.
You don’t need to be super fit or an amazing swimmer, but you will need enough strength to haul yourself back onto your board (lots of times!) and to pull the sail up. We have plenty of kit for all sizes of students. You need to be aged 8 or above.
What we provide:
- Wetsuits (£5 hire)
- Buoyancy aid
- Spraytop (cagoule)
- Wetsuit boots
- Small free lockers
- Male and female changing rooms
- Hot showers
- Coffee/hot chocolate machine (small charge)
- Waterproof phone pouches/glasses cords to buy
Frequently Asked Questions
- How old do I need to be to take part?
Minimum age 8
- Do I need to be a good swimmer?
You need a basic level of water confidence.
- Will I get a certification?
This session does not carry certification
- Can I use my own kit?
Please note we use our own kit and cannot use yours
- What happens if there are no suitable dates for me?
If there are no dates that suit you, please contact us
- How large is the group in each session?
We can take a max of six students to one instructor.
- Are activities at a set time every day?
We may have to adjust preferred timings to allow for the tide.
- Where to stay, park, eat etc?
Please see our main FAQs page for information on Where to stay, park, eat etc.