This 2 day course uses a mixture of on-water and land-based sessions to ensure that you master those all-important basics to form a firm foundation on which to build your skills.
Our fully-qualified and enthusiastic instructors will get you started with some theory (tides, wind and suchlike) before showing you how to lift the sail, where to stand, how to get moving and how to turn on a ‘spinny sim’ simulator on land. Then you’ll be launched onto the water.
By the end of the course you will have grasped basic windsurfing technique and will be able to sail, turn around and bring yourself back safely, as well as understand how to handle your board ashore and afloat.
Contact us to arrange dates; we need at least two people to run the course.
What we provide
- Wetsuits (£5 hire)
- Buoyancy aid
- Spraytop (cagoule)
- Wetsuit boots
- Small free lockers
- Male and female changing rooms
- Hot showers
- Coffee/hot chocolate machine (small charge)
- Waterproof phone pouches/glasses cords to buy
- RYA textbook
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the minimum age for this activity?
The minimum age is 8 years old.
- Do I need to be a good swimmer?
You need a basic level of water confidence.
- Will I get a certification at the end of the activity?
This course gives you an RYA certificate.
- Can I bring my own kit?
Please consult us if you would like to use your own kit.
- What happens if there are no suitable dates for me?
If there are no dates that suit you, please contact us.
- How large is the group in each session?
We can take a maximum of six students to one instructor.
- Are activities at a set time every day?
We may have to adjust preferred timings to allow for the tide.
- What else is there to do in New Quay?
Please see our main FAQs page for information on Where to stay, park, eat etc.