RYA Safety Boat Course
Learn and have fun with the Experts
To participate in this course you must already hold the RYA Powerboat 2 Certificate.
Held over two days, the course is a mixture of sessions afloat and ashore covering techniques in recovering and towing capsized dinghies, windsurfers, kayaks and disabled powerboats. Ideal for those who want to provide watersports safety boat cover or anyone wishing to become an RYA Senior Instructor.
Minimum age 16.
Every student is kitted out with waterproof trousers, jacket and a lifejacket. You will need warm clothing (even in good weather) and non-marking wet shoes/old trainers/wellies.
What we provide:
- Waterproof outer layers
- Wetsuit boots
- Small free lockers
- Male and Female changing rooms
- Hot showers
- Coffee/hot chocolate machine (small charge)
- Waterproof phone pouches/glasses cords to buy
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will I get a certification at the end of the activity?
This course awards the standard qualification required by those who wish to work in the marine and watersports industry.
- Can I use my own boat?
Please note we use our own boats and cannot use yours.
- What boats do you have?
We have two Highfield RIBs for PB2 training, and five ‘O’ boats. See our fleet >>
- What happens if there are no suitable dates for me?
If there are no dates that suit you, please contact us.
- How large is the group in each session?
We can train a max of three in one boat for safety and comfort. Contact us if you need more.
- Are activities at a set time every day?
We may have to adjust preferred timings to allow for the tide.
- What else is there to do in New Quay?
Please see our main FAQs page for information on Where to stay, park, eat etc.