Learn and have fun with the Experts
Half an hour with an expert kayaker to give you the basic skills and confidence to paddle around New Quay bay.
You don’t need to be super-fit, but you should be able to climb back into the kayak. You don’t need to swim well, but you should have basic water confidence.
It’s your session so it’s at your speed.
We have some dates in the diary but if you can’t make it we can try to plan around your timetable and our instructors’ availability.
What we provide
- Wetsuits (£5 hire)
- Buoyancy aid
- Spraytop (cagoule)
- Wetsuit boots
- Small free lockers
- Male and female changing rooms
- Hot showers
- Coffee/hot chocolate machine (small charge)
- Waterproof phone pouches/glasses cords to buy
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the minimum age for this activity?
The minimum age is 8 years old.
- Do I need to be a good swimmer?
You need a basic level of water confidence.
- Do I have to wear a wetsuit?
You don’t have to wear a wetsuit but it is recommended.
- Will I get wet?
You will get a wet bum and feet, and splashed.
- Will I get a certification at the end of the activity?
This session does not carry certification.
- Can I bring my own kit?
Please note we use our own kit and cannot use yours.
- What happens if there are no suitable dates for me?
If there are no dates that suit you, please contact us.
- How large is the group in each session?
We can take a maximum of six students to one instructor.
- Are activities at a set time every day?
We may have to adjust preferred timings to allow for the tide.
- What else is there to do in New Quay?
Please see our main FAQs page for information on Where to stay, park, eat etc.