A few places to eat in New Quay
(roughly in order from the Seahorse pub down!)
- New Quay Coffee Company – ice cream, coffee, sourdough pizzas, snacks.
- Black Lion pub – one of Dylan Thomas’s favourites. Big beer garden.
- Penwig pub – cheap and cheerful.
- Creme Pen Cei – renowned ice creams, snacks to take away.
- Mariners – fish and chips.
- The Blue Bell – deli and cafe with great views.
- Pasty Pasty – proper pasties to take away.
- Gingero’s – takeaway coffee, milkshakes, snacks.
- Captain’s Rendezvous – fish and chips.
- SUP Shack – lovely burgers, paninis etc. with a garden area overlooking the Dolau.
Following a fire early in the season of 2022, the Old Watch House and Lime Crab are currently closed.
Stay in New Quay
There are lots of options for accommodation in New Quay, from the luxurious with incredible views from hot tubs to family-friendly campsites. We have a few we can recommend, and there are several specialist websites for this part of the coast.
West Wales Holiday Cottages – the best-known holiday website for the area
Sea & Slate – carefully curated gorgeous homes to give you a real Welsh experience
Black Lion Hotel – just up the road from us; Dylan Thomas’s favourite
Dolau Rooms – 8 beautifully-appointed rooms in an excellent location
Pen Wig – bang in the middle of New Quay with a view over the harbour and a pub downstairs.
Quay West – a Haven holiday park with lots of facilities
SUP Shack Rooms – run by one of our instructors, overlooking the Dolau beach https://thesupshack.co.uk/stay-with-us/
Neuadd Caravan Park – campsite closest to the town https://www.neuaddcaravanpark.com/