RYA Sailing Level 2
Learn and have fun with the Experts
The RYA’s second level two-day sailing course, taught by our highly-qualified instructors in the beautiful surroundings of New Quay bay.
Build your confidence and develop your skills. By the end of this course you’ll be a competent sailor in light winds, and we would let you hire a dinghy on your own (depending on conditions).
By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Rig, launch and sail in all directions.
- Capsize and recover.
- Have essential safety knowledge.
- Sail and make decisions in good conditions
The boats we use will depend on the conditions on the dates; you can see our dinghy fleet here.
We have wetsuits you can hire for £5. You’ll also need to bring lunch or buy it nearby. Bring a towel and swimsuit, and wetsuit boots/old trainers. We provide buoyancy aids.
What We Provide
- Wetsuits (£5 hire) – optional
- Buoyancy aid (compulsory)
- Spraytop/cagoule – optional wind protection
- Wetsuit boots
- Small free lockers
- Male and female changing rooms
- Hot showers
- Coffee/hot chocolate machine
- Waterproof phone pouches/glasses cords to buy
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the minimum age for this activity?
Minimum age 13. Kids should do Stage 1.
- Do I need to be a good swimmer?
You need a basic level of water confidence.
- Can I use my own boat?
Please note we use our own boats and cannot use yours (but can advise!)
- What happens if there are no suitable dates for me?
If there are no dates that suit you, please contact us.
- How large is the group in each session?
We can take a maximum of six students to one instructor.
- Do you need a minimum number of people to run this course?
We need a minimum of two students for the course to run.
- Are activities at a set time every day?
We may have to adjust preferred timings to allow for the tide.
- What else is there to do in New Quay?
Please see our main FAQs page for information on Where to stay, park, eat etc.