Learn and have fun with the Experts
This is the best way to have an introduction to or refresher in sailing. We will take you out for two hours in New Quay bay and explain the basics, while also letting you have a go.
We often use a Bahia for this.
Our taster session will start with a shore-based introduction on boat basics. We’ll show you how to launch and recover the boat, how to steer and turn, how to balance and maybe how to capsize and refloat!
You might use a single-handed boat on your own or go out in a double-handed boat with one of our instructors; you and the instructor will decide on the day.
We can provide all the equipment you need, and you don’t need any experience, just a willingness to give it a go. Ages 8 and above, with a max of four people.
If you don’t find a suitable date, get in touch and we will try to arrange a taster to suit you.
What we provide
- Wetsuits (£5 hire)
- Buoyancy aid
- Spraytop (cagoule)
- Wetsuit boots
- Small free lockers
- Male and female changing rooms
- Hot showers
- Coffee/hot chocolate machine (small charge)
- Waterproof phone pouches/glasses cords to buy
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the minimum age for this activity?
The minimum age is 8 years old.
- Do I need to be a good swimmer?
You need a basic level of water confidence.
- Do I have to wear a wetsuit?
You don’t have to wear a wetsuit but it is recommended.
- Will I get a certification at the end of the activity?
This session does not carry certification.
- Can I use my own boat?
Please note we use our own boats and cannot use yours (but can advise!)
- What happens if there are no suitable dates for me?
If there are no dates that suit you, please contact us.
- How large is the group in each session?
We can take a maximum of six students to one instructor.
- Are activities at a set time every day?
We may have to adjust preferred timings to allow for the tide.
- What else is there to do in New Quay?
Please see our main FAQs page for information on Where to stay, park, eat etc.