Emergency Action Plan
- Call 999 for the appropriate emergency service, Coastguard, Fire, Ambulance, or Police.
- Notify the CBW person in charge.
- If appropriate stop all other activities.
- If the incident has caused injury or risk of death, the Centre manager or person in charge must contact next of kin. In the event of a fatality only the Police can notify next of kin.
- Equipment involved must be isolated and preserved for inspection.
- Record details in Accident and / or Near miss book.
- Notify the appropriate authority of the incident, RYA, MCA, Health and Safety Executive.
Press or media enquiries must be directed to the Principal or the Chief Instructor.