Our one-day course is "Outdoor First Aid". (Accepted by the RYA for Watersports instructors)
An accredited course teaches Primary skills, including First Aid Priorities, Scene Assessment & Environment, Primary Survey & Airway Management, Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation and choking.
It also covers Secondary skills, including Drowning, cold water shock, exposure to heat and cold, Shock, casualty handling, illnesses and minor injuries.
We include lots of fun and practical scenarios. The course starts at 09.30 until 17.30. Hot drinks are available but bring your own lunch.
We need a minimum of 3 people to run this course.
|First Aid ~ “Out door First Aid”|
Our one day course "Outdoor First Aid" provides the basics in providing First aid to a casualty.
First Aid Course duration: 1 day with at least 6 hours instructional time.
1. Understand the role of a first aider in regard to:
i. The importance of preventing cross infection
ii. The need for recording and/or reporting incidents and accidents
iii. Assessing a scenario and circumstances to ensure they act safely, promptly and
effectively in an emergency
2. Can perform CPR to current protocols, and understand the differential for drowning.
3. Understand the importance of the recovery position and the need to modify it for small spaces.
4. Can administer first aid to those who are unconscious
5. Can identify types of external bleeding and control bleeding
6. Can use appropriate dressings, bandages and other first aid equipment available, including
improvised dressings and bandages.
7. Understand the term shock, recognise and treat it
8. Can recognise and understands the treatment for hypothermia following immersion and/or
9. Recognise the signs of a reduced level of response, with particular reference to serious head
10. Can administer suitable first aid for:
i. breathing difficulties
iii. chest pain
v. diabetic emergency
x. burns, including scalds, chemical and electrical
xi. minor injuries including small cuts, grazes, bruises and small splinters
11. Can choose suitable first aid equipment
N.B. First aid certificates should be refreshed or renewed every three years
|Duration: 1 day||Price: £ 65.00||View Dates|